Frequently asked questions


What supporting documents are required by GENIKI PANELLADIKI for the issuance of an insurance policy?

  • The main driver’s registration and license
  • Vehicle roadworthiness certificate (Roadworthiness Testing Center)
  • Purchase invoice (for new vehicles)
  • Completed insurance proposal, with the full details of the policyholder and the main driver

What do I need to do to receive a copy of my insurance policy?

In order to receive a copy of your insurance policy call the Customer Services department at +30 2103217801 and +30 2103217805 or contact your insurance advisor.

I want to change my insurance policy. What do I need to do?

In order to change your insurance policy, call the Customer Services department at +30 2103217801 and +30 2103217805 or contact your insurance advisor.

How can I cancel my insurance policy?

In order to cancel your insurance policy, call the Customer Services department at +30 2103217801 and +30 2103217805 or contact your insurance advisor.

When does my insurance coverage begin?

Insurance coverage begins on the commencement date of the insurance policy, as it appears in the insurance policy period and provided that the premiums have been paid on time, according to the terms of your policy.

If I transfer my vehicle, will my insurance be transferred as well?

No, it will not be transferred. You must notify GENIKI PANELLADIKI of any change in the ownership of your vehicle.

How can I pay my premiums?

You can pay your premiums using the following payment methods:

  • In cash, up to EUR 500, or by debit or credit card (with the option of interest-free installments) at the Head Office counter (7 Voulis St., Athens, Counter hours: 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday) and the Branch Office Counter (42 M. Antipa St., Thessaloniki, Counter hours: 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday) of GENIKI PANELLADIKI. Your premiums can also be paid with securities, in consultation with the receipts/payments management department.
  • Through online banking, by following the steps as described by the e-banking service of your bank and provided the bank is a member of the DIAS Interbanking Payment System. Online payments can be made through the following banks/members of DIAS:

Can I change my premium payment method and instrument and when can I do so?

You can, upon expiry of your policy and in view of its renewal, in consultation with the Customer Services Department or your insurance advisor.

What will happen if I fail to pay my premium on time?

Under existing legislation, vehicle insurance policies are prepaid, and an insurance policy cannot be issued without receipt of the corresponding payment.

What should I do if I have an accident in Greece?

Call the Accident Care service of GENIKI PANELLADIKI 24 hours a day at +30 2109904089 and an authorized associate will arrive at the scene of the accident, photograph the vehicles involved in the accident, help you to fill out the Accident Statement Form and assist you in properly completing the Amicable Settlement Form. The relevant material will be sent to the Claims Department for further action.

What is an Amicable Settlement of damages?

It is the Immediate Payment System for Damages caused by Road Accidents, according to which in the event of a road accident in Greece, the driver who is not responsible or who is 50% responsible for the accident has the right to be indemnified by his insurance company, for material damage (up to €6,500) and/or personal injury (up to €30,000 in total and up to €12,000 per person). This requires the vehicles to be insured by insurance companies participating in the Immediate Payment System.

More information can be found here.

If I am involved in an accident with an uninsured vehicle, will I be indemnified and how?

You are directly indemnified by GENIKI PANELLADIKI. The maximum indemnity amount for material damage to the vehicle is €30,000.

In order for the indemnity process to be activated, the following conditions must be met:

  • The accident must have occurred within the Greek territory.
  • The classification of the uninsured vehicle must be proven by an official public document (Traffic Incident Report Extract).
  • The responsibility for the accident must lie solely with the driver of the uninsured vehicle.

What should I do if I have an accident abroad?

If you are involved in an accident abroad, call the Accident Care service of GENIKI PANELLADIKI at +302109904089. Please be informed that on the back side of your Green Card you will find all the details of the International Insurance Offices in the countries participating in the Green Card System.

If you are responsible for the accident, give the other driver a copy of your green card or your insurance policy.

If you are not responsible for the accident and are claiming indemnity, make sure to get and maintain the full details of the insurance coverage of the vehicle that hit you, and ask the other driver to make a statement to his insurance company, which you must contact regarding your claim, if your vehicle needs repairing while you are abroad. If the accident, for which you are not responsible, has occurred in a country outside the EU, you can claim your indemnity when you return to Greece, by contacting the Information Center with the damage representatives of the insurance companies of EU member states or the Motor Insurance Bureau if the foreign company has not appointed a representative in Greece.

The process is taken over by the Claims Department of GENIKI PANELLADIKI.

In which countries am I covered with the Green Card?

Today, 45 countries participate in this System with corresponding International Insurance Offices, which have signed International Agreements among themselves regulating the proper implementation and functioning of the System. Internal Regulations (Règlement Général) is the latest agreement, which was put into effect on 7/1/2003, replacing all previous agreements, the Uniform Agreement and the Multilateral Guarantee Agreement. The system is coordinated by a supreme non-governmental body recognized by the UN. And, under the instructions of the EU, the Council of Bureaux.

Member-Countries of the System

What should I do if my vehicle glass breaks?

Should the insured risk of Glass Breakage occur, you must report the damage to the Glass Breakage Notification Line at +30 2111032919 (hours 9:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday) and our associate responsible will instruct you, on how to repair the glass, at a repair shop collaborating with GENIKI PANELLADIKI, if you so wish.

A list of collaborating repair shops can be found here.

What are the collaborating repair shops in the Glass Breakage coverage?

It is a network of repair shops across Greece, specialized in repairing bus glass, where the policyholder may repair his/her vehicle glass, provided the damage does not qualify for any of the exemptions of the insurance policy, without a deductible (participation of the insured in the indemnity) and with assignment of his/her claim towards GENIKI PANELLADIKI to the collaborating repair shop.

If I am involved in an at-fault accident, will my premium increase?

GENIKI PANELLADIKI provides a mandatory Premium Protection coverage in all insurance plans. With this coverage, the policy is protected from rate increases due to one damage caused by the insured vehicle during one insurance year. Thereafter, the Bonus – Malus scale is applicable.

How can I learn more about new products and plans?

By visiting the INSURANCE section of our website or by contacting the Sales Department of GENIKI PANELLADIKI.